MyGov / ATO
When it comes to managing your obligations as a business owner, connecting your myGov account with the ATO and Online Services for Business (formerly the "ATO Business Portal") makes life much easier.
Our clients should always set up the following online accounts. As a result, you and your tax agent always have access to important information when you need it.
To access ATO online services on behalf of a business or entity you need to use the following.
- myGovIDExternal link – an app you download to your smart device. It lets you prove who you are when using government online services. It is different to a myGov account.
- Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM)External link – an authorisation service that allows you to act on behalf of a business or entity online when linked with your myGovID. You'll use your myGovID to log
How to Set up MyGov
If you haven't done so already, create a myGov account.
If you own a business or not, setting up a myGov account is a great way to connect with a number of Australian Government services, such as the ATO, Medicare, Centrelink, My Aged Care and My Health Record
How to set up a myGov account:
- Go to myGov and select Create a MyGov account and accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your own unique Email address. You can’t use the same email for two myGov accounts. If you share an email address with someone, only one of you can use it to create a myGov account.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Create a password and secret questions for extra security.
- The myGov account is created and you will be emailed a copy of your myGov username.
How to link myGov to the ATO:
- Sign in to your myGov account online.
- Select the Services tab on the myGov home page.
- Under the heading Link a service select Australian Taxation Office.
- Select Questions specific to you and answer two questions about information relevant to your tax record.
Once you’ve created your myGov account and linked to the ATO, you can easily access your ATO information from your myGov login, and use ATO online services.
Principal authority (including primary person)
If you're the principal authority, you need to start the process for the business or entity by linking your Australian business number (ABN) to your myGovID in RAM.
A principal authority or authorisation administrator that is already acting on behalf of the business online, can authorise you in RAM to act on behalf of the business.
The principal authority is either a:
- sole trader
- eligible individual associate listed on an ABN in the Australian Business Register (ABR), such as a
- primary person (no individuals listed as an associate in the ABR) such as a
- director of a corporate trustee
- authorised contact for a government agency
- responsible person for an Australian charity.
Thank you for reading!
Should you have any queries in regards to the above please contact our office on (03) 9728 1448
The TAS Team
3/653 Mountain Highway, Bayswater VIC 3153
The information contained in this publication is for general information purposes only, professional advice should be obtained before acting on any information contained herein. The receiver of this document accepts that this publication may only be distributed for the purposes previously stipulated and agreed upon at subscription. Neither the publishers nor the distributors can accept any responsibility for loss occasioned to any person as a result of action taken or refrained from in consequence of the contents of this publication.