It is important to keep track of your super. If you’ve ever changed your name, address or job, you may have lost track of some of your super. Having several super accounts could mean that fees and charges are reducing your overall super investment. There are a number of ways to check and manage your super.
Use myGov for a full view of your super
You can create a myGov account and link the ATO to:
- see details of all your super accounts, including any you have lost track of or forgotten about
- find ATO-held super – if the government, your super fund or your employer can’t find an account to transfer your super to, we hold it on your behalf
- combine multiple super accounts by transferring your super into your preferred super account; if this is a fund-to-fund transfer it will generally be actioned within three working days.
You can find out if you have any lost or ATO-held super by doing a quick searchExternal Link
Quick search is also available via the ATO app which can be downloaded from Google play, Windows phone or the Apple app stores.
You will need to provide:
- your name
- date of birth
- tax file number.
The quick search is a limited search and will only provide details of lost or ATO-held super. For detailed information on all your super accounts you need to register for our online services.
End of attention
Using the self-help phone service
You can find out if you have any lost or ATO-held super by using our self-help phone service, available 24 hours a day on13 28 65 Fast Key Code 1 then 2.
They will ask for your:
- tax file number (TFN)
- date of birth.
Make sure you have paper and a pen ready to write down the details of any lost or ATO-held super.
The self-help phone service is a limited search and will only provide details of lost or ATO-held super. For detailed information on all your super accounts you need to register for our online services.
Call the ATO
You can phone call and ask to do a search for all your super accounts. Phone them between 8.00am and 6.00pm (local time) Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
- If you are in Australia, phone 13 10 20
- If you are overseas, phone +61 2 6216 1111
Find out more
- For help with using our online services to keep track of your super, refer to Frequently asked questions
- For more information about your super, refer to Guide to superannuation for individuals – overview